BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My latest obsessions: Knit Berets and Cloche Hats

Knit Berets are in style now. And I finally have something to hide under during bad hair days. The the hole-ier, the better, to me! Slouchy is a good look, as long as it doesn't look like an old scarf wrapped around your head and is about to droop off. aAs is my habit, I tend to prefer them in neutrals like gray and black (the cotton one I got from Rue 21 is great, with a nice stripey pattern), but I've seen some gorgeous sapphire and garnet colored ones too. These are good for, like I said, bad hair days (see Rihanna), but they bring a casual-chic/artsiness to any outfit, though obviously, I emphasize "casual" and don't recommend them for weddings and Prom and such.

Cloche hats! The ladies' rage of the Roaring 20's. Now, this is vintage I can wear. Sadly, I haven't worn that one I got (similar to this) much yet. It almost seems rather formal to me. But when we had a couple things to do around campus, I thought it would be a good time to experiment:


Not the best face shot of me but I really liked this outfit. Another obsession might be leggings (which I'll get to later). Black, of course! I know all the fashion experts insist you get basic/neutral colors for outfits so you can wear any color for your accessories, but I prefer the opposite. Almost all the accessories I buy, with the exception of jewels and stones, are black or gray. I like wearing them as accessories more than I do outfits, which I LOVE to be colorful. I like to have vintage pieces and throw them into a very modern outfit. Actually, this skirt is pretty 60s too. I'm not against different decades being put together either, unless you're going to a themed party and you show up with a silver flapper down on with Doc Martens and neon legwarmers.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...